Reference Article: 2 in 3 S’poreans worry they can’t afford housing in old age
(SG) Old Age? How old is consider old? ^_^
In real estate, age is the key factor to determine your housing loan eligibility and monthly installment (tenure of loan). The best time to buy is before 35yrs old. Are you late for it? Never too late!!!
How’s the Singapore property market moving forward? You might able to guess from the Survey:
The survey said:
1. Respondents rated the property market as becoming less expensive, with an affordability score of 168 in the second half of 2014 – well above the base level of 100.
2. 76 percent of respondents expect condominium prices to fall over the next six months.
3. “43 percent of respondents intend to purchase a property within the first half of 2015 despite a bearish real estate climate. This figure represents a great improvement in consumer sentiment against previous years.”
So, to me, the results suggested:
1. A lots of ready buyers out there, what’s holding their decisions now is to observe the market movement and trying to buy at the lowest point.
2. Next, what will trigger them to buy mainly due to the market sentiment. When the property price index started to turn to positive, everyone might rush into buying again.
3. 2014 property price dropped 5% (for those not near MRT) while a lots of “expert” predicted whole market to drop 10~20%. So, many people started to get tiring while waiting for property price to drop further. They need housing! They afraid they will missed the property downturn and have to wait another 5~10yrs for the next downturn… just like me 🙂
Cheers to the new home owners/ who had secure your dream homes in 2014!! Are you one of the new home owners in 2015?
Checkout http://www.mysgprop.com/category/all-properties/singapore/ for Editors Picked Singapore projects. If you can’t find any, do drop us a notes regarding your requirements, we will do our very best to recommend the project which best fit to you.
– MySgProp.com – CS Tee, 8th March 2015