MySgProp: 2015 Most Popular (TOP 5) Overseas Projects
By CS Tee (MySgProp.com), 08-Jan-2016
2015 is the better year for Overseas Property Market! While Singapore Property Market is softening, and the market sentiment of property investing is declining among the Singaporeans, the overall sales of overseas property is remains strong, or I should say getting stronger. Investors around the worlds are still looking out for value investing opportunity especially in the emerging market like Cambodia & Vietnam.
- Vietnam has been in the spotlight in recent months after changes to property ownership rules were implemented in July 2015, allowing foreigners with a valid visa to own property in the country. Previously, only foreigners married to Vietnamese nationals and those making contributions to the country were allowed to buy property. The first Vietnam project brought into Singapore is Vista Verde by CapitaLand. In the short span of 2 months time, the sales had achieved >90% SOLD. The financing for foreigner is not ready at this moment, so the opportunity to invest in Vietnam Property Market is more for those investors who are financial ready to take the very very first mover advantages. Once the banks are ready to provide the financing to foreingers, the entry bar will be lowered, and more people can entered to the market, that will pushed up the prices significantly.
- For Cambodia, the property market is continue to be bullish since 2014. The Peak by Oxley continue the success story of The Bridge (a maiden project by Oxley in Cambodia) had received over-whelming response from the investors in the region especially Cambodian, Malaysian, Singaporean & Taiwanese. The Gateway — a rare Grade A office in Phonm Penh is also started picking the sales momentum.
- Iskandar Malaysia property market is also softening in 2015 due to lack of new positivesctors & political instability, however we do expect Iskandar Malaysia will start to pick up again late 2016 / 2017 when more and more news on MRT/ RTS linking from Singapore Thomson Line to Johor City Center. A certain group of Singaporeans are taking chance riding low MYR currency and buying into KLCC Malaysia as their 2nd home or future retirement plans. The Colony Infinitum KLCC by Macly Group & Roxy Pacific Singapore is selling below market value now during this pre-sales period.
- Australia Melbourne sales is slowing down after the new cooling measures in places where the foreigner required to pay extra 3% stamp duty and A$5K of FIRB (Foreign Investment Review Board). However the prices of new launch properties in Melbourne CBD is continue to rise due to increasing in cost for land prices, labour and construction materials. Once the market adapts to the new cooling measures, the market sentiments should recover very fast in this Best City to Live in the world. Projects located at Prime Area/ Near to World Class University/ CBD are the first choices by most of the investors, although price might be slightly higher than the Suburb areas. For examples Collins House at Collins Street & Opera along the St. Kilda Road. However, to value the feedback from our clients over the years and also suit different needs from market, Huttons is also in the process of sourcing for a good landed property in Melbourne.
- UK had just announced to impose higher stamp duty to foreigners with BUY-TO-LET property. However, market analyst are very positive about UK property market due to 35% shortage of housing supply till 2030. London Prime City Center is now over-priced, investors are looking out to Zone 3 & 4 for better potential gains. We expect the Zone 1 property price to dip in 2016. Manchester is rising as the hot spot for investment in UK with the rental yield expected > 7% per annum. Property price in Manchester City Center is just in about 1/6 of the price of London City Center. Being the 2nd largest city in UK, the property price in Manchester is seriously under-priced. The phase 1 launching of Oxygen Manchester sold >70% within the first 2 months.
- Thailand Bangkok, as a World’s Famous Tourist Attraction is not new to Singaporeans. Demand for housing remained strong, especially so for inner city developments where projects were sold out within a matter of days. The Thai Local Demands are super strong, accounted for >90% of total sales. Huttons Singapore is trying hard to launch the project prior to Bangkok launch. We have buyers directly from Thailand to buy in Singapore as they afraid of can’t even get an unit in Thailand. IDEO Q Chidlom perfectly located in the Bangkok Shopping Belt had been received very good response from Singaporeans and upcoming super luxury condo Ashton Silom is set to launch in March 2016.
- In Singapore, a 1-bedroom condo easily cost S$600K. The downpayment needed at least 20% + 10% Stamp Duty (assuming this is your second property, and the bank loan had fully paid up for 1st property). 30% translated to about S$180K. This amount of money is not easy to fork out for most of the family, or beyond the investment budget range. Singapore living cost is one of the highest in the region, everyone is working hard for a better quality of life. Rather than let the money depreciating in bank, people are more willing to allocate portion of their investment fund into Overseas Property Market.
Let’s your money working harder for you!
The following are the Top 5 Overseas projects (MySgProp.com) for the year 2015. Did you miss?
Orchid – The Most Premium Tower at Vista Verde
For the First Time, Vietnam Open to Foreigner to Own Property
2-BEDROOM – (Last 5 Units), size 87.99sqm: Average ~ S$260K
- By renowned Developer – CapitaLand
- Designed by Ong & Ong Architect
- Mixed Development of Residential & Shopping Mall managed by CapitaLand
- Strategically Located at the Heart of District 2, Ho Chi Minh City.
- Surrounded by Government Administrative Offices, International Schools, Hospitals…etc
- Winner of “Best Condominium in Vietnam” by Asia Pacific Property Awards 2015
- Winner of “Best Landscaping Architectural Design Award” by Vietnam Property Awards 2015
PHASE 1 LAUNCH
70% SOLD within 2 months
“Oxygen Manchester is Unashamedly High Quality – Both Iconic and Accessible. A New Benchmark in Urban Living.”
1 Bed from £160 K, 2 Beds from £280 K
- Manchester Airport provides flights to over 200 destinations, more than any other airport in UK
- HSBC named Manchester UK #1 Buy-To-Let Hotspot
- Manchester is the 2nd largest economy beside London
- Second largest Chinatown in the UK
- Home to 80 of the FTSE 100 (top 100 companies listed on UK Stock Exchange)
- Manchester is the “Best UK City to Live” according to the Economist 2013
- Famous for 2 world-class football clubs Manchester United & Manchester City
- Largest student population in Europe with over 400,000 students in 22 Universities
- Estimated 7 Minutes walk to Piccadilly main train station
- Proximity to future High Speed 2 train station which is next to Piccadilly main train station
- Shortage in Housing supply
WELCOME TO THE PEAK,CAMBODIA
With Shangri-La Hotel next door
507 PREMIUM AND LUXURIOUS APARTMENTS
Latest Star Buy:
Studio 43sqm from $191,000
1 Bedroom 59sqm from $243,000
2+Study 88sqm from $293,000
3 bedroom 89sqm from $307,000
- Freehold at Prime Location in Phnom Penh City; Boeung Keng Kang 1
- 55-storeys Iconic Facade
- Integrated development with Shangri-La 5-stars Hotel
- Top quality and Luxurious finishing
- Listed and reputable Singapore Developer
- Strong demand from foreign expatriates/ elites.
- Strong Potential Capital Gain
- No foreign levy and capital gain tax
- No withholding tax allows liquidating in and out of Cambodia
- Within walking distance to NagaWorld Casino, Embassy of Australia, Embassy of Russia, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Dream Land
Rare Grade A Office in Phnom Penh City Center
Guaranteed Rental Return by Developer
6% for Residential & 8% for Office
Grade A Office, 58 sqm from USD310 K
Residential 2-BR, 65 sqm from USD240 K
- By Singapore Public Listed Developer – Tiong Aik
- Freehold Mixed Development
- Prime Location within CBD Area
- Only 10 mins to Phnom Penh International Airport
- Guaranteed Rental Return 12% for Residential and 16% for Offices
- Strong Rental Yield of 8 – 11% per annum
- Close to Foreign Embassies, Government Offices, Major Banks, Universities, medical facilities, shopping and dining
- Under-supply of Grade A Office space in prime Phnom Penh city
- Stable and Fast growing economy with 7% GDP growth
The Most Elegant Apartment by Ananda To-Date
FREEHOLD! Only 650m / 6-minute walk from Chidlom BTS Station
From only THB5.5M / S$236K. Own from just $66K!
- FREEHOLD in the PRIME Downtown Location in Bangkok’s “Orchard Road” alike area.
- High-end LUXURY Condominium with Futuristic Design & SKY Facilities.
- By reputable developer – Ananda & Japan No. 1 Developer Mitsui Fudosan
- 650 Meters or 6 minutes walk to BTS Chidlom
- Near upcoming MRT Station (Orange Line) Ratchaprarop
- Nestled in the heart of Bangkok’s downtown Chidlom District
- Within walking distance to Bangkok’s high-end shopping malls, including Central World, Platinum Mall, Central Chidlom, Pantip Plaza, Siam Paragon and many more.
- Surrounded by Upcoming Mega Commercial Developments